Friday 20 November 2015

Autumn and Winter

It's totally typical that here in Britain we get several seasons in one week. This week we have had mild temperatures followed by terrific winds and now the cold and rain. So, just a normal autumn then! 
 I decided that I'd show you a couple of outfits that I have worn this week, that reflect the last two seasons of the year pretty well. We will start with autumn. 




This is a perfect outfit for autumn. It reflects the colours of nature perfectly. I am loving anything mustard coloured at the mo, hence the abundance of it here. My brooch is a new find and totally lovely.  My tweed skirt is just right for this time of year, it's warm enough without being too bulky. It's a timeless outfit rather than a vintage one but I love it. 
 Now for winter.




I'm rocking a bit of a Mrs Clause look here, or so Alex tells me anyway. It was much colder when I wore this, I am layered up as you can see. My sweater is so soft and warm and I love how striking my pretty 50s brooch looks on it. My boots are proving their worth and I'm extremely happy with them. This outfit, although very classic, is unmistakably 50s inspired. The length of the circle skirt, the booties and the polo neck and pearls are right out of a winter musical. I was very snug and warm.
 I have a few more finds to show you in the near future. More bargain hunting has been done and I'm ready to show off my tat. Enjoy the changing weather, you never know, we might be in short sleeves next week! ( either that or shovelling snow ).
                         Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, both these outfits are so you. I can see what Alex means about the Mrs Claus look. Those little boots are gorgeous (is that position number 3 in the ballet book?). So are the brooches. Glad to see you are keeping snuggly buggly in those layers. I hope your snow shovel is handy, they've forecast some for tonight. Can't wait to see your new finds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first outfit the best, the colour pallet is so warming and how pretty the brooch is. Also, handbag love!

    Hasn't it got cold! I was freezing when we did the weekly shop and I vowed never to wear a short sleeves knit top out again in this weather! My hand sewn 1950's jacket is rather cape like and the cold sneaks right up the sleeves and despite wearing long gloves, I was so cold, brrr! I STILL haven't checked my boots for spiders but shall do that today as my ballet flats are now proving a bit cold.

    Look forward to seeing your new finds xxx

    ReplyDelete