Monday 14 September 2015

Food, Figures and Forgotten Tat

I thought I would give u all a quick update on how eating like it was the 50s is working out for me, (I know you have all been on the edge of your seat). Well it's going pretty well actually, I am totally loving having a great start to the day with a hearty breakfast. Usually I was getting peckish around 10:30am, but now after eggs on toast or porridge, I don't even notice that time of day anymore. I am certainly not cutting back on food so it's not like I'm on a diet at all, diets do not work for me as I get very grumpy at feeling like I'm being denied food. However I am noticing a change in my body shape. 
 I'm naturally quite curvy and have always had an hourglass figure of sorts, just a large one, but now I'm noticing that my waist is getting smaller. This is not necessarily because of weight loss, but I think more because the foods I'm eating are sitting in different places on my body. I am getting a bigger waist to hip ratio and I love it. I will have to be brave and have some photos done wearing something a bit more clingy so you can see the hourglass shape I'm rocking, but for the mo, you will have to make do with seeing if you can notice a change from the photo below.


Also, I have a few items that I have neglected to bore you with, and we can't have that now can we?


This lovely picture has been bought for the wall space above my new kitchen display cabinet. I used to have shelves there but they were taken down and I have a bit of a thing about a blank wall, it sets my teeth on edge, so a picture was needed. This one is charming. There is something quite naive about it, it's very sweet.


Now just look at this fabulous vintage hairdryer, I've wanted one for a while but you know me and prices, I wasn't going to buy one unless it was practically free. This one was £4 shy of being free and that was good enough for me, (no dearest parents I am not going to use it, so you need not worry about getting a call from the hospital). 


This is something I bought months ago, it's a very pretty 50s bathing cap. I have a lovely 50s inspired bathing costume that I have worn lots when swimming (obviously!) but I was lacking a flower adorned cap to complete the Esther Williams look. Well not anymore, the only thing is, I haven't been swimming since, so that will have to be rectified.
I will keep you all posted on the changing shape of Miss Pond, as I eat my way to a better figure. These 1950s housewives were definitely on to something you know! 
                    Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes dear, I can tell the difference in your shape - no tummy bulge. Are you eating less carbs? As you know, I'm on steroids for medical reasons, and they send all your fat to your stomach, face and the back of your neck/shoulders. They also make you crave carbs which doesn't help. Thankfully I'm being weaned off them so hopefully I might be a bit more successful losing weight. Love the Esther Williams swim hat. Have you seen any of her films? No, neither have i. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete