Friday 23 October 2015

Suitably Severe

It's certainly beginning to get cold now. The wind is picking up and the steel grey clouds are ever more present. There is no denying that winter is looming. This year, I am determined not to be cold. It has to be said that I do get cold quickly, and despite the fact that I look very well insulated ( especially in the chest area ), I don't seem to get much benefit from my own natural layers. 
 I have decided that I'm not going to allow myself to get cold from the start, as it always seems harder to try and warm up once the cold has started seeping in. I shall be wearing multi layers, top and bottom. With this in mind, I dressed today for what turned out to be a very successful shopping trip for Alex, who needed new shirts, in many layers. Start as you mean to go on and all that. This is in stark contrast to Alex who has to have a coat stapled to her in order for her to keep wearing it, even in six foot of snow! 



I found this thick plaid skirt in a charity shop, I love it. It's very practical and just pulls on but is a good length, nice and modest (which isn't hard as my legs are about 2 inch long!). I paired this with two, yes two, blue round neck tops and a wool cardigan. Don't you just love a good cardi? They are great for any occasion. I had tights and socks on and my trusty brogues. I used my cute black handbag and added a pair of vintage ceramic brooches. 



I thought the look had an air of a school mistress about it, so I had to wear my cats eye specs, well of course I did!
 In the house, in order to keep my delicate titchy tootsies warm, I have invested in a pair of sturdy slippers.


I am now officially old but I don't care, I adore them. The trouble is though, that they have solid rubber soles. This has meant that on several occasions, I have trotted out to get in my car and not realised i hadn't actually got real shoes on! Oh well.
 On a separete note, I have inherited a love of radios off my parents. Here is my latest find. A gorgeous Roberts radio, I hope u are suitably jealous dear parents.



                       Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. Take a letter Miss Pond. Very secretarial. Teachers don't dress like this any more, I suspect that not many secretaries do either - more's the pity!! You do look very nice dear. Not sure about the slippers though, I don't think they'd keep my tootsies warm, although I have a pair very similar in my ever growing collection. 4 pairs now. I have also started a collection of bed socks. Lovely warm socks. We love the radio, does it work though dear?

    By the way, forgot to tell you I have been downloading 'River' to iPlayer and have watched two episodes now. Strange, but compelling. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still relatively mild down here in the south, but we do have grey skies and rain. I don't mind though, I love this time of year. I have though pulled out all my winter accessories and am looking forward to wearing gloves without people side eying me!

    Love the outfit and what a sweet radio. We rescued a Bush radio from a bin, placed there because the battery was dead. Some people, eh? xx

    ReplyDelete