Friday 7 August 2015

Dressing Up

I've called this post " dressing up " because basically that's what I do each and every day. We all do really, no matter what our style is, we all project to the world an image that depends on our style of dress, be it high fashion, sporty, business like, etc... My personal style is obviously vintage and I thought I would give you a few images of the sort of things I wear. I know you have seen a few outfit posts before but there is always room for more, so here goes.


Don't ask what my pose is here but it does nothing for my neck! Nor do stripes minimise my bust! We live and learn.


Same skirt, different top. This has been altered by Alex, she added vintage buttons and a 1930s pocket from a genuine pattern. She has since added sleeves in the same material but I haven't photographed them yet.


I love this pocket and plan to have it added to other garments. I rolled my hair with this outfit and it came out quite well.


I like to wear skirts, I always think I slouch less in them. This is probably not true but I can tell myself it is.


I like the simplicity of this outfit. My top is a reproduction of a 40s top and it's in very fine knit. I promptly got tomato purée all down it while making dinner, but at least I got to wear it for a few hours!


I don't always wear skirts though, people complain if my pins are on show for more than a few days at a time as they are so white, they reflect the sun into people's eyes.
So as you can see, I vary my style from the 30s to the 50s. I love planning my outfits, I guess I'm just a little girl at heart (I'm certainly not in body), still playing dressing up.
      
            Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. Navy and white, always a good colour scheme, and that lovely green jumper would also go well with a white or cream skirt. Hope you got the tomato puree out!! Alex is brilliant with a needle and thread, or sewing machine. I wish I had one of mum's books, but don't know what happened to it. It showed you how to alter clothes - in fact I had one myself that you would love. Guess what - I stupidly threw it away, not realising that it would be invaluable to you now. It was full of household tips, like how to get certain stains out. Medical information, and how to make broths and stuff for invalids and those recovering from illness. Can't imagine what made me ditch it. :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No neither can I, but I do have a great book that is similar, it is called Maw Broons Remedies, or something similar and it's got loads of tips and recipes for things like barley water and cold cream. Broons and vintage, what a heavenly combo!

    ReplyDelete