Saturday 22 August 2015

Heanor In The Humidity

As Alex and I had an unexpected day without the kids, we decided to make the most of it and go antiquing. We were really excited about going as when the kids are off school,  we don't get chance to do such things. Teenage boys don't tend to enjoy trawling round buildings full of old tat, strange that. Anyway, we tootled off merrily, and, after getting a tiny bit lost (we didn't use the sat nav), we arrived with plenty of time to browse (trust me, you need it in this place). 
 We hadn't been for a few months, and this place is huge, it's on four floors and really higgledy piggledy in its layout. It would be really easy to get lost in there, but we knew it would be full of lovely "tat" that yours truly here could get her grubby little mitts on. And boy, did I! 


Firstly, my outfit. I have taken a little inspiration from the new "Partners In Crime" that has been airing on bbc recently. It's set in the 50s and the main character "Tuppence" has some great outfits. She often has tailored trousers and little cardies with flat brogues on. 



I love adding accesories as they make the outfit so much more interesting, this brooch is lovely and is a good size.
On to my purchases....


You have no idea how happy I was to find this timer. I have seen several on my travels and all at stupid money, these things are sought after and the cheapest I've seen is £18, which I'm just not going to spend, but today, sitting quietly in a corner was this beauty at only £3. MINE!!


This is just so cute, a lovely late 40s example of a novelty brooch. It's made of material rather than porcelain and was even cheaper than my timer.


Also for my kitchen, this vintage plate rack, and that's about all I can say really.


A lovely bed jacket in pristine condition.


Yes I know this is a knitting bag but I'm going to use it as a shopping bag because carrier bags can really ruin a girls effort on the vintage outfit front.


A lovely job lot of vintage buttons and collars that cost pence and will soon be adorning my clothing, courtesy of dear Alex. 


Last but not least, found right near the till on the way out, these lovely vintage hair slides. 
Overall, my lovely haul cost me less than £20 altogether and we had a great morning, despite melting in the heat. There is a tea shop at the top of the building so we had a drink and a snack before heading back home. It was a day worth waiting for.

 
Smug face!
                           Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely Miss Tuppence Pond. A worthwhile trip and no mistake. I forgot to tell you on Friday, last week I was wearing one of my Lady from Tahiti dresses. With a striped apron, ankle socks, showing off my little white lets, I only needed a turban and I'd look like someone from WW2. Although a floral apron would have looked even better. xx

    ReplyDelete