Thursday 13 August 2015

I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

On gloriously sunny days, there is nowhere better to be than by the sea. We have recently had a few very lovely warm and sunny days, and these happily coincided with a mini break in Blackpool.
I know that Blackpool isn't quite as wonderful as it was in its heyday, but unfortunately I wasn't around then. We stayed on the south pier side, that bit is far more quite and tranquil than the rest of Blackpool, the rest is taken over with amusements and garish rides. We were fortunate to see the horse drawn carriages that still take people along the front, and although the main trams are modern ones, they still run some beautiful 1930s trams as well. I, however am a total div, and didn't get a picture of said trams, but I do have some snapshots to show you.


First off, my outfit. I wore my palazzo pants with my finished 1930s top. You can see the sleeves that Alex has added, I love the way this top has turned out, it's just the right combination of comfort and style. I had my straw cloche hat on and some white pumps to finish my look.


My two lovely children playing on a very sandy, very deserted beach. Just look at the lovely blue sky! However, you did have to walk miles if you wanted a paddle (which of course I did).




On the second day, we went to a lovely park, it had glorious gardens and fountains and a lovely boating lake. I took my life in my hands and allowed my eldest son to drive me around the lake in a little motor boat. He loved it, and was surprisingly good at it.


The view from the front of the boat.


My son thinking he is the " dogs"  driving the boat. 



Our hotel had a games room, which my boys took full advantage of.


My youngest, showing off his naturally blue tongue, no it's nothing to do with the slushie he is drinking, I promise you! 



Us feeding a million water birds, or " ducks " as Alex calls them all, regardless of size, colour or breed!

We had a truly brilliant time and were so blessed with the weather. We are hoping to have another day at the beach, but the east coast next time. I do hope you all enjoyed the sunshine.
                        Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time at Blackpool. I'm nicking all these photos for my blog you know!! Did the tickets for Skegness Natureland arrive safely? xxx

    ReplyDelete