Friday 14 August 2015

Pretty As A Picture

No the title does not refer to me, all the pictures in the land would be complaining if it did! No, rather it refers to my new top.
Finding lovely vintage clothes is a bit of a challenge, first off, they are all very delicate when you do find them and secondly, even if I find some and they fit my waist, they NEVER fit my bust! It is for this reason that I like to alter more modern clothes or rather, I give them to Alex with a load of instructions that I want doing to the garment. To be fair, she is very good at deciphering my ramblings of " I want that thing to do a thing if you put that thing there" variety. In my quest to go more 30s she has had quite a few tops, skirts and trousers bunged in her direction to be altered to my specific tastes. The latest one was just last night, when I was in despair because I wanted a specific top to go with my skirt. Unperturbed, she listened to what I was after and got going and I was then presented with my imagined top in all its glory, just a few hours later.


Isn't this just a wonderfully pretty outfit. My skirt is a rare vintage find that fits, my tights are weird but great colour and my shoes and bag are both second hand vintage, I have tiny narrow feet that can fit in many a vintage shoe. The focus, however, is my lovely top. It started its life as a very plain modern top, but is now just a thing of loveliness.



You can see how Alex has altered the neckline shape by adding a delicate crochet collar. The collar runs from the shoulder seams to the middle of the neckline, then some vintage buttons were added from our ever growing stash.


I really quite like the colour of these tights, they remind me of the thick stockings that were around at the time I'm aiming for. I also like contrasting my tights and shoes, I think details can be seen much easier that way. 


I do truly love this outfit, it is one that will be worn often. I love the femininity of the era and the attention to detail, such as the little tucks and pleats on the waist of the skirt, that make it fall so beautifully. I think that Alex has managed to recreate this detail, and although just a small alteration, it certainly makes a huge difference to the top and to me.
                           Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. The wonderful Alex hits the spot once again. Truly beautiful. Can't say better than that. xx

    ReplyDelete