Monday 17 August 2015

Fab Fifties

Some days I spend ages sorting out my outfit for the day, the preparations can often start the night before. I will first work out which decade I wish to be in, and then go through my wardrobe for a suitable combination of clothes that fit the bill as well as being practical for whatever I have got to do that day. Then of course there are accesories to find and shoes and bags to sort out, and most of the time I love doing it, and I get a lot of joy out of the whole process. Sometimes, however, I have loads to do in the evening, or I have a headache or more likely I just can't be arsed, and I fall into bed with no plan on the following day's outfit. It is on these days that I tend to reach for my 1950s clobber. 
I find the 50s really easy to put together, skirts and trousers paired with little cardigans usually do the trick nicely, add a brooch and scarf or hair accessory and you are good to go! 
I found myself in the "can't be arsed" frame of mind last night, I was too engrossed in a Midsomer Murders on the tv, if I'm honest, so this morning, out came my trusty jeans and cardi.


These jeans are mega comfy, and look at those turn ups! ( this is not just out of respect for the 50s look, I am yet to find trousers that don't need some taking up due to my short stumpy legs )


Obligatory hair accessory, in this case a massive bow!


Brilliant 50s pumps.


Ok, so the brooch is from the 30s, but it looks good.



It's a great outfit really, and one that ain't half bad for those days when I really am a lazy little toad.
                                Till next time dears xx

3 comments:

  1. First, I think you mean bow and not bowl...lol. Secondly I have a pair of 'jeans' from Tesco that look as though they have turnups, and they aren't too long for me amazingly enough.

    The ladies of Val's Cafe send their thanks for the many items of food you provide, and are loving the vintage look too. Hope you liked the website and recipe I sent you via email. I was just recollecting my Tuesday 'bake days' when we lived at Bridge Street. can you remember that huge table groaning with pies, cakes. biscuits and bread? That was before my RA days.

    Haven't got a topic for my next blog. Books? Music? Any suggestions will be carefully thought about before I either use them or reject them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother dear, it's an exclamation mark not an L next to the word bow. I think you should do a post on how you got into poetry. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Considering I was 5 when I wrote my first one, and was sadly disappointed when the school pianist failed to set it to music as suggested by my class teacher, I never bothered again and actually hated poetry......hang on, that is a good idea. I could use some of my favourite poems by other people - thanks Miss Pond. Sorry about thinking the ! was a l. Blame my dreadful eyesight. xx

    ReplyDelete