Thursday 2 July 2015

Baking in the heat

Wow it is so hot here at the moment and glorious as that is, it does make it tricky deciding what to wear.  Today I decided that my handmade circle skirt would be best teamed with a sleeveless tied shirt, this teamed with socks and pumps gave my outfit a very rockabilly look. 
The skirt is made to an original late 40s pattern and the fabric is a thin but heavyweight tight weave polyester, this makes the skirt drape lovely and it doesn't get blown up in the breeze.



The skirt has a lot of material and can be used with a full net petticoat but if you think I'm sporting that in this weather then u are crackers! However I can tell you that my white three layer net petticoat looks stunning under the skirt but you will have to make do with me holding the skirt out to show you its fullness.



My red strawberry brooch is Cath Kidston and my lacy blue pumps were a gift from Alex. 


While I do love the 50s, and you can certainly find more clothes from that period, I do still prefer the 40s, and the 30s are quickly becoming more of an interest to me. I love the bright colours of the 30s and my seamstress is going to be creating a whole outfit for me from that decade, with a tweed skirt and waistcoat and a lovely blouse. That however is some time away and my focus for tomorrow will be keeping cool, whilst looking the part for a day of browsing for yet more vintage tat. I will be wearing a frock that I found in a charity shop, it is a lovely 40s tea dress and if you are lucky (ahem) then I will post some photos of it along with any of my new vintage tat should I be lucky enough to find some.
                             Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. Pity your aren't on Facebook. I've just found a couple of vintage FB pages. I shall pop and have a look and let you know what they're like. xx

    ReplyDelete