Wednesday 1 July 2015

Dusky pink

So here we have it, my first outfit post! Although it's not really a proper one but it does give you a chance to see for yourselves one of my favourite skirts. It's a 1940s yoke skirt and was made for me personally by my greatest friend Alex. She has been roped into making things for me as original pieces are hard to come by. She has done a great job, she has also made me a full circle skirt for my 50s days and I will post pictures of that later. 
I did try having photos with my mask but I looked like I belonged in a horror movie so that wasn't the greatest result. So you will just have to lump a few headless shots instead until I come up with another hairbrained idea! Oh and yes, you aren't seeing things, I do really have the biggest chest in the world!

We found these gorgeous 1920s embroidery patches in an antiques shop in Newark, the only cost pence and were the perfect shade of pink to match my skirt, don't they look lovely when sewn onto the sleeve of a suitable top?



A closer look at the gorgeous trims and edges we chose to liven the skirt up.





You can see how the yoke looks very pretty when the rest of the skirt is cut on the bias, the blue lace is vintage as is the bias binding at the bottom, which came in its original packaging, it was almost a shame to open it.










The finished product, and very comfortable it is too. Just perfect for the weather we are having at the moment. I team my skirts with white ankle socks in the summer and original 40s brogues, rather like school shoes, so comfy!



So there you have it, my fist outfit post, not the best reflection on how vintage I normally dress but it does give you an idea. I will leave you with a photo of my personal seamstress, don't be fooled by the boyishness before you, while Alex is worryingly at home with a power tool, she also does girly things like baking and sewing, both of which she is very good at. 
                                 Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous is that. Alex is a fantastic seamstress, furniture maker, and all round good gal. I particularly like the vintage plastic sandwich box and blue beaker - original 1960s tupperware? And you have a waist, which is more than I have. Poemsgalore. xxx

    ReplyDelete