Friday 17 July 2015

Hemswell Happiness part 2

Well here we are, I promised you another post about our second trip to Hemswell and this is it. We went on another gloriously warm day, this makes the trip, which is mainly on country roads, very pleasant. This time we went straight to the warehouses we hadn't done or only had a quick look round last time. On our last visit it looked like there was a lot of lovely stuff to look at and we weren't disappointed. There were rooms full of stuff on two floors including a room full of vintage clothes and shoes and hats that Alex had to drag me out of,here are a few of my finds;


I have a bit of a thing for dress gloves and have quite a collection. These are a lovely turquoise colour and they flare ever so slightly at the wrist, giving them a semi gauntlet look, just right for a more 1930s outfit.


Yes this is a picture of my kitchen window but focus on the curtains, I've been after a pair of golden vintage curtains to add the finishing touch to my kitchen for months now, and these were found by Alex. Goodness knows how old they are but it was one curtain that Alex split in two and hemmed for me, the fabric is very delicate so she did a great job on them, I love them.


This is a lovely old example of photo frames that were very popular from the 20s to the 40s, this is also something I have desired for some time, but they can be quite expensive for what they are, but as this one was £2.50, I nabbed it pretty sharpish!
I also got two pairs of 40s clip on earrings, one in China blue and one in deep red, they are gorgeous and I shall do an earring post in the future, they were £1 for both pairs, marvellous!
As I said it was pretty hot, here is what I wore;


I love this outfit, it's so so comfortable.
Now today Alex and I had a quick look in an antiques centre in Chesterfield, it was only a quick visit as we were there running errands but boy, am I glad we went in. My next post will feature the treasures found there but, I will give you a sneak peek at a true treasure that I have desired for a heck of a long time.   TA DA!!!

 
O yes my lovelies, (that means you mum), you are looking at a vintage vacuum cleaner! I can't wait to tell you about it but make no mistake, this is MINE, ALL MINE! 
                         Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. I love everything you bought this time. Even the vacuum cleaner (does it actually work though?) Alex deserves some kind of accolade for what she has done with those curtains. I'm sure my mum used to have a pair just like them. The outfit you wore looks rather warm for a summer's day, but very smart. Have you been studying photos of how models used to pose back then? Marvellous dearie. I'm waiting to see you appear in a 1940s pair of dungarees with rolled up bottoms, a sloppy joe underneath, and a turban. Real work clothes for when you are cleaning your lovely house. It's a shame I don't have some of the make up that I had when a child. I had to wear it when dancing on stage. I had bright red lipstick in a beautiful gold coloured case. Very long and slim. Gran gave it me, the lipstick was made from Cochineal - dead beetles blood if you didn't already know. How gruesome!! Chat later my lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete