Friday 24 July 2015

Goodies Galore

I know I said last time that I would show you my finds from Chesterfield, but I have got a few more bits since then so I'm going to lump them altogether now. 
Let's start with my fabulous Hoover;


After much searching we discovered this model was manufactured in the 1920s, it has a cast metal base and wooden handle. It was advertised as a vacuum cleaner that needed no electricity, it works on a dynamo that powers the motor when you push the machine. It claimed to have great suction with no need for the cable, (sound familiar?) and would make cleaning a doddle. I would say it is in between a carpet sweeper and a modern cleaner and I find it very useful for clearing up my kids crumbs each time they eat, without having to drag out my modern vacuum cleaner.


This a beauty, it's a full unopened box of powder complete with pristine puff, it's smells gorgeous and you are immediately taken back to the 50s when you smell it. 




These are a job lot of vintage packaging, they are so lovely and really add to the authenticity of a vintage home. I got lovely matchboxes too.


I also got yet more vintage earrings, and buttons that will be used on sewing projects. These things are so cheap and it can really make an outfit in my opinion. We found a beautiful dress from the 80s that had shape and styling from the 30s as its influence, so Alex is going to alter and add to it slightly to make it totally 30s. Il make sure i document this so you can see its transformation. She has also altered a top for me in a 30s style and I shall post that too, it's stunning and I got no end of complements while wearing it.


Lovely vintage handkerchiefs.


Yes, another vintage handbag, ( I am a girl you know!).


I like to have vintage books and magazines around my home, they give it a lived in feel and stop it looking like a museum, plus they are a fab source of information.


Just a little look at a vintage outfit, I know mother, I must stop pouting but it's either that or my natural sulky look or a smile that makes me resemble Plug from the bash street kids!
Just a quick word about prices, we go hunting for tat so often that we come across the same things quite often. The prices can vary spectacularly, so keep hunting, as I know it's possible to get things much cheaper if you scout long enough and it's great fun if you love your vintage collectables.
                        Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous as always. I feel as though I should speak like the Queen. The outfit is beautiful and so are you. Looking at this on my phone as I couldn't wait until tomorrow. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a proper look now. Lovely. I'd love to see what the inside of that handbag is like. The powder is marvellous. I adore the butter dish. As for the packaging, how could anyone walk away and leave that Cussons Linden Blossom, and the handkerchief box behind???

    ReplyDelete