Monday 13 July 2015

Practical Miss

Some days my need to be practical and comfortable is equal to my need to be vintage and while vintage style clothes tend to be more structured than modern ones, it doesn't mean you can't have both. I am busy most days as every mother is, I clean my home from top to bottom four times a week and there is always something needing to be done somewhere, but Mondays are especially busy. As well as cleaning, the bedding is also changed and I do my weekly shop, so I do like to be dressed in clothes that look the part but also don't get in the way and allow freedom of movement. 
I usually wear trousers but skirts aren't completely ruled out, I just like them to be made of a more heavy weight fabric and a decent length that means I'm not flashing my smalls at all and sundry when I bend down to inspect the apples in my local store. On my top half I usually find a simple top the best, especially when teamed with a cardigan. That way I can shed a layer if necessary then add it back on five minutes later when the weather has changed again! ( this is Britain after all ). Below is the outfit chosen for today's usual roundup of chores.


I think the outfit has a lovely forties feel to it with the darker more muted colours, note the sensible comfortable brogues, essential when you live in a place that wherever you go you seem to be climbing a hill. The outfit deserves some close ups to show the details, it's all in the details!


The simple top has been slightly customised by adding some vintage buttons along the neckline and the vintage Coalport brooch is one of several yellow accesories, yellow and blue are just heavenly, I think.


My bag is just too too cute! It's vintage straw but the flower has been added later I think but it certainly doesn't spoil it.


I like to keep my hair out of my face when I'm busy and this style is just perfect. I put the front into a quick victory roll, then I put the rest in a hairnet secured by a couple of Bobby Pins and add a flower that matches my earrings. Very simple but very effective and there we have it, one vintage yet practical outfit. I apologise for the picture below, I was giving an instruction to my photographer (AKA Alex), and the result is my cake hole looks like the yawning chasm it is, o well.


Next time I shall be showing some treasures from my second trip to Hemswell (which is in Lincolnshire, not Leicestershire as I said last time!) and I have some great stuff to show off. 
                                   Till next time dears xx

1 comment:

  1. Thought I'd posted a comment here. Obviously it didn't work!! I love the hair and flower - well everything really. Can you please let me have a photo and info about your pet(s) to use on my blog. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat and a rabbit up to now!! xx

    ReplyDelete